• collecting data from the architect,
• making an audit of the lighting (remodeling),
• consulting with the architect and other consultants to achieve a common understanding of design intent, issues and approaches, budgets and schedules.
SCHEMATIC DESIGN PHASE
• conceptual design conferences with the architect, the owner and his consultants,
• conceptual studies for the lighting system,
• preliminary layouts,
• consumption power budget,
• sections and sketches.
• drawings and sketches of custom lighting fixtures,
• preliminary cost estimate of recommended lighting and lighting control equipment,
• coordination of architect design drawings and electrical engineer specifications,
• quantities and specific types of fixtures,
• revised preliminary cost estimate,
• coordinating lighting design with interior, architectural, structural and mechanical designers,
• lighting fixtures layouts (Autocad, Revit)
• sections and feasibility studies,
• final specifications and fixtures list,
• review and quality control of final contract documents, drawings and specifications.
• assist the architect and the owner in analyzing bids and reviewing substitution requests.
CONSTRUCTION OBSERVATION PHASE
• preconstruction meeting with contractors to review the design intent,
• monitor the construction process and conduct site visits to assure compliance with the design intent and to review installation,
• review and checking of lighting samples,
• final review of lighting installation and supervision of focusing of adjustable fixtures with the electrical personnel.
• maintenance guide.